Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby on Board!


Well it is official. Our close family and friends know, but we wanted to make it public knowledge that we are expecting!!! Our first official doctor's appointment isn't until the 21st but we are guessing that our due date is going to be around the first part of September.

Not a real bump yet, but a little one!!



Both of us are very excited about the new little Porretta that is on the way, but like most new parents are a little nervous too! The past few weeks has been a roller coaster ride. We have spent time telling family and co-workers, trying to detail as much information as we can, but at this point don't have a whole lot.

A few things that I have realized in the last few weeks.
1. You can always have something to worry about. So instead of spending your time worrying about things to come and what could be, it's better to live in the moment and enjoy the time that you have.

2. I LOVE TO SLEEP. Getting back into the swing of things after the holiday break was tricky. I was sleeping in and taking naps in the afternoon and as a teacher, you can't do that once you go back to work. I've found myself getting pretty tired. Many nights I will come home from work, lay down on the couch and take a nap. Wake up and eat dinner, lay back on the couch. Mike usually wakes me up before he goes up to bed and then we go upstairs, I go back to sleep and wake up in the morning.

3. Relax and let things be what they will be. I realized that however much I want to, I can't control other people's actions. What I can control is my reaction to them. If I let myself get stressed out or upset then they have won. Plus stress isn't good for mommy or the new little one.

I know that there will be so much more that I will learn over the next few months. Mike and I will learn a lot about ourselves, our family and our new life to come. We can't wait to share the latest updates with you and will try to keep you posted as much as possible.

3 comments:

Jacie Wright said...

julie and mike! we are so happy for you!!! i had a huge smile when i read your post! being a wife and a mother are the very best thins in the world! God bless you both... well all 3 of you

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations! :) Sleep, sleep, sleep and rest and relax. Enjoy, all is well!

Love ya!
Mike, Jacque, Johnathan

Anonymous said...

So excited for you two! Can't wait to see what comes out of the appointment. You guys are going to be great parents! Love the Blog. Definitely adding it to my favorites!