Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Reflections


This Easter we reflected on how truly blessed we are. We have a wonderful, beautiful, happy daughter, a nice home, jobs that provide us with enough income to have all that we need and friends and family to share it all with. There are often times with life can get you down and you feel like everything is working against you. You feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders and you just can't get out. However this Easter I am reminded that I don't have to go through these struggles alone. Jesus died on the cross for my sins and if I put my faith and trust in him I can get through anything.


I don't know if having Madison has brought about a stronger faith in me, but it has allowed me to see life in a different way. I look into her eyes and see the enjoyment and excitement that she has in the smallest of things....the remote control, her stuffed bear that sings the ABC's and her reflection in the mirror. Her smile can light up a room and in turn lights up my world. Often times when I find my self overwhelmed with work or school or life in general I will take a minute to stop and think of the world through her eyes. A world full of opportunities and new adventures. Places to go, things to explore and excitement to be had. My world is a happier place when I have her in my arms. Madison reminds me of the miracle of life and I am so thankful each and every day that God chose me to be her Mommy. I only hope that as she grows I can give her all the love and encouragement my mom gave me and provide her with an example of what a Christian woman should be. I know that I am not perfect and that I have my flaws. There will be times that I will mess up being a mom, but I also know that I will never be able to stop loving her and I pray that she will feel the same way someday.



Happy 1st Easter Madison.......Love, Mommy.




No comments: