Sunday, April 4, 2010

My new goal

Well I have officially signed up for my first 1/2 marathon. I don't know if I am crazy or just very ambitious. I have been looking for something to help me get this final few pounds of baby weight off and realized that if I didn't have a goal that I was accountable for I was never going to do it. So thanks to the beautiful weather the past few weeks.....and some free time over spring break last week....I have dusted off my running shoes and have signed up for a race here in Columbus on May 1st.

Yes, that's right. May first. I don't know if I am going to be ready for it.....but I am going to try. I looked up some training programs and most are 10 weeks. Well I have about 3 1/2 now. I am up to running 9 miles on my 'long' day now and think that if I can add one more mile per week I will be at 12 the week and of the race. I hope that adrenaline will get me the last 1.2 on race day. It has been hard training with the little one. Mike has been great, letting me have some time in the evening or early morning to run around the neighborhood or go to the gym late. I think that I can do this.....but say a prayer for me for strength and determination in the next few weeks. I'll keep you all posted on how things are going.

No comments: