Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What a difference a year makes

Last year about this time Mike and I got to watch Carson for the day. We called it our 'training' for when Maddie was here. I was about 8 months pregnant at the time. We spent the day playing outside and baking. Yesterday, I picked Carson up at school and brought him over to our house again for a birthday celebration. Not only was it a way for us to help celebrate his 4 year birthday, but gave Janna, Jeff and new baby Caden a little bit of down time as well.

We made cupcakes for Carson to take to school the next day to share with his classmates. (We attempted bowling ball and bowling pin cupcakes, but ending up with pool balls instead!) Mike and Carson played baseball outside with Maddie chasing them around and we all had Chinese for dinner. I was such a fun evening, but after we dropped Carson back off at home Mike looked at me and said 'I thought I was ready for another one.....but not yet!'. I agree. While we would LOVE to add to our family sooner then later it gave us a really eye opening into what having 2 or more kiddos is like. I know in time that we will be ready for it, but kudos to those of you who do it and do it well!!

Here are a few of the pics that we took last night, as compared to a year ago. A LOT of changes. Carson looks so much bigger. I on the other hand....not quite so big.

Baking bread two years ago.

      Getting ready to ice our cupcakes this year.

Waiting patiently with Grandma Janice's apron on last year.

        Same apron and a new helper this year.....and still waiting patiently.

           Enjoying the fruits of our labor after some yummy Chinese. Carson picked all of the chicken out of his fried rice (definitely his father's son) and loved his potsticker. Janna's influence was there as well. At dinner I asked him if he liked green beans (I make a hoisin green bean dish that we were going to have). He kind of looked at me strangely and said 'huh?' I tried to explain them and his response was ' Do you mean edamame?' Thanks Aunt Janna!

No comments: