Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Fun

The Porretta family has been busy the past few weeks. Maddie is keeping Mommy and Daddy on their toes. She tried drinking out of a bottle for the first time and after a rough start seems to like it pretty well. She drinks much better there now as opposed to breast feeding where she sometimes just likes to 'hang out'. I will think that she is done after 3-4 min. of no sucking, only to take her away and have her cry and cry and cry until I let her nurse again.
Speaking of nursing we are trying to figure out what is making her so fussy and spitting up all the time. We think that it is something that I am eating in addition to the bad acid reflux she is experiencing. So for the last week I have eliminated all dairy, chocolate, spices, acidic fruits and gassy vegetables from my diet. (Oatmeal and chicken breast are my new staple foods.....sounds yummy huh?) Slowly I am trying to reintroduce various items back to see how they affect her. We have found that she gets fussier, sometimes with increased spit up...more like vomit....and sometimes diarrhea when I eat milk products. We have an appointment with the pediatrician on Fri. for her 2 month check up and we plan on talking to her about it then. We are thinking though that the problem right now might be a dairy allergy. (Maybe it was the over abundance of soft serve yogurt that I craved during pregnancy that is finally catching up to me!)
But in between all the the dirty burp clothes, loads of laundry and tears....sometimes from Maddie and sometimes from Mommy....we have had some fun times too. Here are some of the things that we have been up to this month.

We watched Daddy marching the the Otterbein Homecoming Parade and play 'Old Man River' with the Alumni Band.
Later that night we went to the 100 Years of Band concert at Otterbein to hear him play again. Mommy was worried because I usually get fussy at night and the concert was 8:00. I cried the entire way to the concert, but as soon as the music started I was happy and even danced to a few songs. However, when the music stopped at the end of the evening I was really sad......and cried the whole way home.

I looked super cute in my October outfit.


Mommy and Daddy took me to Boo at the Zoo. I dressed up as a pumpkin and lots of people told me how cute I looked. I didn't hear them though because I slept most of the time we were there.

When we were at the zoo a really scary tiger came up and roared at us. At first it really scared me until I realized it was just my cousin Carson. We had fun later riding the train together. I can't wait until I am a little bigger and we can have more fun playing together.


No comments: