Monday, May 17, 2010

Having your cake and eating it too!


Well Truly Scrumptious Cakes and Sweets is officially underway! Over the past year I have been making cakes on the side for a little extra income. Most of my business has been through family and friends and word of mouth. However, with staying at home next year I've decided to take things to the next level. I've talked with a girlfriend who has a graphic design degree and we are working on getting together a business card and website. Mike, for Mother's Day, went out and bought me a Cricut. They have come out with a new version for cake decorating. What this means is that I can had a lot more intricate designs to the cakes and do more fondant work as well!

I had my first wedding this past weekend. 150 cupcakes, a 2 tier wedding cake and a grooms cake. Wow, was I busy. But it was an amazing sense of pride and accomplishment seeing everything set up. I am busy for the next 3 weeks as well. I have 2-3 cakes/orders every week until the 2nd week of June. Luckily I have a great assistant who helps with all the clean up.......and quality control.
Here are some of the cakes that I've done over the past year or so. If you know of anyone who needs a cake......give me a call or drop me a line. tscakesandsweets@yahoo.com

Baby Shower Cake

Floral Retirement Cake

Another Baby Shower!

Wedding cake and 150 cupcakes!!


Groom's Cake and more cupcakes!


Birthday Cake (fall theme)

Boy Baby Shower

Monkey Birthday Cake

Football Cake for OSU party

Another shower cake

1 comment:

Jacie Wright said...

Julie! I had no idea you were so talented with cake decorating!!! They are amazing! I was in need of someone to do Avie's bday cake for this year and after much stressing I found someone, but I would have totally called you if I would have known!!! I will keep you in mind and spread the word!!!