Thursday, November 13, 2008

The many faces of Julie

Stress makes you do crazy things. I have discovered that when I am stressed out....about numerous things......the many personalities of Julie come out. Here are a few of the people that you might meet.

1. Crazy exercise Julie. This is me trying to get out all of my frustrations and energy in a very physical way. It might me Billy Blanks leading me through a rigorous Tae Bo work out or it might be hooking up the headphones and hitting the bike trail for a mile or two run. No matter the activity I find that if I am sweating and pushing myself to the max, I am able to push away the stress.

2. Over emotional Julie. This is the Julie that I feel sorry for Mike when she comes around. I get snippy one minute, weepy the next and goofy a minute later. I am SO lucky to have a wonderful husband who sticks by me through all of this. He knows ......for the most part......;o) when to just let me go and rant and when to just walk up and give me a hug. Thanks Mike....I know that I don't say it enough but I love you VERY much.

3. Where is the food Julie. This is the Julie that can down a jar of PB when the stress hits. Oh so yummy at the time....but belly is not feeling so yummy afterwards!!!

While these are just a few of the forms that my stress takes I have realized that when it all comes down to it stress is a part of life and you can't control it. You have to roll with the punches, go with the flow and not let things take control of your life. Life is too short to waste it crying or running all the time, or sweating to the oldies or indulging in that pint of Ben and Jerry's. I would rather spend it in the company of family and friends and the ones that I love.

I haven't done a great job of doing this over the past year......not trying to control the stress I mean. I've neglected spending time with family and friends more then I should have and haven't focused on keeping and maintaining relationships. If that is you.....I apologize and want you to know that I am trying hard to make up for it. Be patient with me.......but I don't have to tell you that.....you always are. Thank you.

No comments: