Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tis the Season

Ok......everyone who knows me knows just how much I LOVE the holidays. I honestly think that I would be happy to live the 30 some days from Thanksgiving to New Year's over and over....much like Billy Murray in Groundhog Day. Can you believe that I have already purchased Christmas gifts for about 1/4 of the people on my list? I think I like giving gifts as much as giving them..........but maybe not as much as snooping around and trying to figure out what I got!!

All that aside here are the things that I am looking forward to/enjoying already about this upcoming Christmas

1. The Christmas anytime radio station 93.3. Whoever came up with this idea should get some type of award. I love the idea of turning on my car radio and 'jamming' to White Christmas on the way home.

2. Caroling at Easton. If you are in town shopping at Easton anytime after Thanksgiving be on the lookout for the roaming Dicken's Carolers. I am so excited to get to be able to do this. What is not to love....singing (Christmas carols at that), dressing up in fun costumes and shopping malls.....and getting paid to do it all. What can I say I LOVE Christmas. Here is a glimpse of what to be on the watch for. I'm singing most Sat. and Sun. in the evening and afternoon. I'll put the schedule on the blog closer to Dec.

3. Baking Christmas cookies!!!! Alright, this might be one of my other favorite things to do. I could honestly stay in the kitchen all day long and bake. On the list for this year -
1. Buckeyes.....thanks to Mom's fantastic recipe, no one else's can compare
2. Classic cut outs - I love icing and deocrating them.....and Mike likes eating the icing.
3. Cranberry white chocolate chip cookies (for the church cookie walk).
Not sure of what else I am going to make. But will take suggestions and requests if you have any!


4. Family and Friends. As I said before, I am really trying to keep up on old friendships and putting my relationships first. I am very excited to spend some much needed time with family and friends this holiday season. Mike and I are going to spend time in NY with the Porretta Clan this Christmas. It's always an adventure when we go upstate and we haven't been there for about 2 years know. There are always stories to hear, laughs to be had and more food then one should possibly eat in a week. While I can get stressed out about all the drama that happens I am realizing that every family has it's quirks. In reflecting about holidays gone by, I'm coming to grips with the fact that while those quirks drive me CRAZY sometimes, it's also what makes me love my family. I might complain or stress out about the things that I can't control, but when it comes down to it, I don't think that I would change anything or trade them for the world.

No comments: